[squid-users] Multiple Redirectors and Squid on multiple ports

From: JPP <jpp1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:25:00 -0600

Greetings folks...

Couple quick questions:
1. Is there a way to have Squid use redirectors and have those redirectors
react differently based on the port requesting it and block different content?
Example:
Use port 3128 and have 1 redirector just block Malware/Adware sites using one
redirector
Use port 3129 and have another redirector (or the same one with a different
command line) block Content as well as the Malware/Adware sites above

2. Is using multiple redirectors effective? I see them as one group when I
load them. We use SquidGuard and DNSBL_Redir at the same time on 2 different
redirector lines in the conf. This is probably more a theory question, but it
would be nice to know.

Referencing back to question 1 though, it would be nice to have SquidGuard
react to queries on port 3129 and DNSBL_Redir react to both 3128 and 3129.
I see nothing in the squid.conf to allow or permit this.

Thanks.

JPP

--
FRWS WebMail (http://www.frws.com)
Cause you deserve Spam and Virus free email...