Re: [squid-users] Multiple Redirectors and Squid on multiple ports - More Info

From: JPP <jpp1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:13:21 -0600

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:25:00 -0600, JPP wrote
> Greetings folks...
>
> Couple quick questions:
> 1. Is there a way to have Squid use redirectors and have those redirectors
> react differently based on the port requesting it and block different
content?
> Example:
> Use port 3128 and have 1 redirector just block Malware/Adware sites using
one
> redirector
> Use port 3129 and have another redirector (or the same one with a different
> command line) block Content as well as the Malware/Adware sites above
>
> 2. Is using multiple redirectors effective? I see them as one group when I
> load them. We use SquidGuard and DNSBL_Redir at the same time on 2
different
> redirector lines in the conf. This is probably more a theory question, but
it
> would be nice to know.
>
> Referencing back to question 1 though, it would be nice to have SquidGuard
> react to queries on port 3129 and DNSBL_Redir react to both 3128 and 3129.
> I see nothing in the squid.conf to allow or permit this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JPP
>
> --
> FRWS WebMail (http://www.frws.com)
> Cause you deserve Spam and Virus free email...

Welp... since I have received no replies as of yet, maybe I should add some
info that I neglected to provide earlier.

The Squid is version 2.6 Stable 2, Intel 3GHZ box with 1GB RAM.

But seriously... is there a way to do this? If not directly, is the
'redirector' API robust enough to allow for telling the redirector what port
called it? A cursory look at the code and the docs does not make it obvious
if it is.

Thanks in advance...

JPP