[squid-users] Web authentication password in transparent proxy

From: chima s <chima.s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:19:24 +0530

Hi,

I am running the squid in transparent mode and also apache web server.

In apache web server we have configured Web authentication
(AccessFileName ..htaccess).

If the request going through squid, its not asking for password and
ant getting the page, but if i call the page without squid i am
getting popup window which ask for usernamd and password.

How do i get the web servers authentication window through transparent proxy.

I read in FAQ for acceleartor mode to add
#define AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION 1
in acl.c

Will this help for my setup?

Regards