Re: [squid-users] Web authentication password in transparent proxy

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:18:02 +0200

On Thursday 17 August 2006 10:49, chima s wrote:
> I am running the squid in transparent mode and also apache web server.
>
> In apache web server we have configured Web authentication
> (AccessFileName ..htaccess).
>
> If the request going through squid, its not asking for password and
> ant getting the page, but if i call the page without squid i am
> getting popup window which ask for usernamd and password.

Sounds like an incorrect web server authentication. Do you get through to
your web server's content without web server authentication?

> How do i get the web servers authentication window through transparent
> proxy.
>
> I read in FAQ for acceleartor mode to add
> #define AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION 1
> in acl.c

That should be necessary only when you need proxy authentication in a
transparently running Squid. Web authentication should work through
transparent proxying anyway.

Cheers
 Christoph