Re: [squid-users] How to control the bandwidth of websites using squid?

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:21:39 +0530

Jamshid KP wrote:

> HI,
>
> In my company we are using Fedora Core 2 as Operating System and
> Squid-2.5and Proxy server. I wish to delay the bandwidth of
> somewebsites through Squid. Please help me to find out where will I
> put the URL of websites in Squid.conf delay the bandwidth
>
> One more matter also. Is there any other way like..creating a file and
> adding website URL's in that file instaead of editing squid.conf file
> everytime to delay the bnadwidth

Hello Jamshid,

Delay pools provide a way to limit the bandwidth of certain requests
based on any list of criteria. The idea came from a Western Australian
university who wanted to restrict student traffic costs (without
affecting staff traffic, and still getting cache and local peering hits
at full speed).

For more details visit:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/MiscFeatures?highlight=%#head-fd9b4b7ba1854a3c21796173af9d0b9aee33e376

Thanks,