Re: [squid-users] Keeping SQUID up to date: diff between auto-generated and STABLE + patchs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:16:33 +0200

tis 2006-08-22 klockan 16:20 -0300 skrev cgfreita@unipam.edu.br:

> If I use the first ( production ready ) and apply all patchs in
> "Change details" section, will I have the same as "Daily
> auto-generated"?

You may also need to run the bootstrap.sh script if taking this
approach, but it depends on what is being changed.

> Is this a good practice to a production server ( apply all
> patchs )? For example, problems with delay pools are important
> to me.

I'd recommend some care. Only apply the patches you think you need. The
patches (and consequently the nightly snapshots) has not undergone the
same quality checks as the full releases and it's not uncommon there is
corrections before the next official release is made.