[squid-users] squid 2.6 refresh changes?

From: Dan Thomson <thomson.dan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:25:56 -0700

Hey all,

I've upgraded a squid server from 2.5.9 (debian stable squid) to 2.6
(stable3) and I've been noticing what seems to be a change in
behaviour for refreshes.

Some objects that were be getting REFRESH_HITs are now getting
REFRESH_MISSes. Was there a change in logic (or possibly notation) for
refreshes between 2.5 and 2.6? If so, is there anywhere I can read
about this?

I guess I should also mention that I'm basically trying to figure out
why there seems to be more traffic going back to the origin with 2.6
than I used to with 2.5 despite similar squid configuration.

I should also mention that it seems like you developers did a great
job with 2.6 overall ;)

Thanks.

--
Dan Thomson