[squid-users] Squid takes too long to stop.

From: Jim John <jimjohnlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:24:58 -0700

Hi all. We have squid set up for transparency using shorewall, but it takes
too long to stop. Can we simply direct traffic away from squid using
shorewall before we stop squid instead of afterwards? Is there another way
to stop squid faster and safer because our users lose connection while squid
is stopping, which takes 2 minutes or so. This also happens for reload when
we have squidGuard child processes running under squid. Thanks.