Re: [squid-users] 2.6-stable3 performance weirdness with polymix-4 testing

From: Pranav Desai <pranavadesai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:15:07 -0700

On 8/26/06, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> fre 2006-08-25 klockan 15:59 -0700 skrev Pranav Desai:
>
> > * 1000 req/s
>
> > * 1x SATA 45 GB drive.
>
> A single drive and you expect 1000 req/s? Is this a solid-state drive or
> something with infinitely small seek time?

No, its just a regular drive. I am already working on that, but its
kind of difficult to get things changed quickly :-).
But the good part is that even with 1 disk its able to do 1000 req/s
atleast for the first 6 hrs, so I am sure I can push it more once I
get some better hardware.
On the other hand I am also trying tests with tmpfs. Although the
tmpfs size is ony 8 GB I think I should be able to get a max peak,
even if the hit ratio are screwed up.

> But it should certainly not do worse than 2.5 did.

It didnt in the first phase. In fact it did very well in the first
phase compared to the first phase of 2.5, but somehow after the idle
phase it just wasnt able to recover and the polybench wasnt even able
to push to 1000 req/s because the response times were so high.

> Unfortunately I don't have the resources to run polygraph so I can't
> test your results.
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/donate.html

I understand, I will definitely try for it.

-- Pranav

--
http://pd.dnsalias.org