[squid-users] Squid 2.6.STABLE3 and transparent proxy - caching does not work?

From: JPP <jpp1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:26:23 -0600

Good day all!

We are using Squid 2.6 Stable3 in transparent proxy mode, and while squid
does handle the requests, it does not seem to be caching anything. At least
as far as the cache dir contents and the cache.log are concerned.

I seem to remember reading a post awhile back about this, but a look through
the archives did not find it right away. Does proxy caching and transparent
proxying work in 2.6?? If so, is there a special setting or something I need
to set?

Oh it does cache if the proxy is used directly by setting the proxy up
manually in the browser, so caching does work, just not with transparent
proxy'ing.

Thanks for the help...

JPP

--
FRWS WebMail (http://www.frws.com)
Cause you deserve Spam and Virus free email...