Re: [squid-users] swap.log size continuing to grow?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:36:30 +0200

ons 2006-08-30 klockan 15:56 -0400 skrev Dave Mullen:
> Is there any way to stop squid from growing the swap.log file? I'm working
> with a very lightweight build of squid, booting off a CD with a ramdisk
> filesystem. With no physical storage, having a log file continuing to grow in
> such limited space is quite scary.

It grows slower than access.log usually.

> Is there any way to limit how big this file gets without doing a squid -k rotate ?

You can disable it entirely if you are not interested in the contents.
Not many are..

> The reason I wish not to do this is if I do restart it, it forces the
> squidGuard processes to die & respawn as well, taking the system down while it
> rebuilds the databases of my blacklists.

> Thoughts?

Have squidguard build it's database lookup. This saves it from
rebuilding the database on each startup, making restart of squidguard
instantaneous. You only need to rebuild the database when changing the
blacklist contents.

See squidguard documentation for details.