RE: [squid-users] Why ERR_ZERO_SIZE_OBJECT?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:22:22 +0200

tor 2006-09-07 klockan 11:16 -0700 skrev Xin Wang:

> The ERR_ZERO_SIZE was not sent to the requesting client. However,
> since the squid takes 1 minute to respons (due to ERR_ZERO_SIZE_OBJECT
> and retry), the requesting client timed out. The requesting client is
> actually our customer's application, and 1 minute is not acceptable to
> the application.

Didn't see any delay in the trace data, but maybe I overlooked
something.. The retry was within a few ms after the ERR_ZERO_SIZE.

Hmm.. if you see a long delay between Squid sent the request and
ERR_ZERO_SIZE then something is wrong at the web server, eating the
request without responding to it.

You can most likely work around the issue by
"server_persistent_connections off". Will cost a little in added
latency, but if the serer is close to the proxy then it's marginal.