Re: [squid-users] Large Files

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:13:13 +0200

tor 2006-09-07 klockan 10:24 -0700 skrev Mark Nottingham:
> Lighttpd uses it... Is it just that it would require a substantial
> redesign? (he says, completely ignorant of the internals...)

It works fine if the amount of files is small and all fit in the
filesystem cache. To use sendfile efficiently when the amount of files
is large and a high likelyhood the data is not found in the filesystem
cache then it's quite problematic, unles you accept blocking while the
filesystem buffers gets filled (which we don't..).