Re: [squid-users] cache_dir file systems

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:02:48 +0200

On 07.09.06 21:54, Christoph Haas wrote:
> I'm using ext3 and happy with it so far. :) All I remember is that ReiserFS
> was a bad choice for the cache_dir in terms of performance. Journalling
> made things slow. XFS was among the best. I hope I remember it correctly.

maybe you did not use "notail" option for reisersfs mounts, which should fix
the performance. However I dislike reisersfs because of it bad history
(unrecoverable after crash). I will use xfs probably.

> A fast hard disk and avoiding redundancy on RAIDs like RAID-1 will probably
> help.

since as RAID1 is faster when reading the data, using RAID1 might help, if
you have good setup and efficiency.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.