[squid-users] Rewrite https to http

From: Robin Bowes <robin-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:56:08 +0100

Hi,

A question about https ...

Is it possible to get squid to convert an https request to an http request?

This is for an application that is running under https and wants to
include google maps content (http) within itself but avoid the browser
warning "the site includes encrypted and unencrypted content"

So, I'm wondering if it's possible to hit squid with a link like
https://gmaps.example.com/?blah&foo and for squid to convert that to
http://maps.google.com/?blah&foo ?

I've googled and found this link:

        http://safari.oreilly.com/0596001622/squid-CHP-1

I've actually got that book - but I can't find anywhere in the book that
explains how to do this ...

Can someone give me a pointer?

R.