Re: [squid-users] squid error 1067

From: Santosh Rani <santoshballey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:43:55 +0530

Yes, the problem is reflected in cache log. Out of many lines I am
submitting only the lines reflecting problem. It reads as under:

FATAL: storeUfsDirOpenSwapLog: Failed to open swap log.
Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE7-NT): Terminated abnormally.

Cache_dir configuration is as under:

echo # TAG: cache_dir >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Usage: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir Type Directory-Name Fs-specific-data [options] >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir diskd Maxobjsize Directory-Name MB L1 L2 Q1 Q2 >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # You can specify multiple cache_dir lines to spread the >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache among different disk partitions. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Type specifies the kind of storage system to use. Only "ufs"
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # is built by default. To eanble any of the other storage
systems >> %CONFFILE%
echo # see the --enable-storeio configure option. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # 'Directory' is a top-level directory where cache swap >> %CONFFILE%
echo # files will be stored. If you want to use an entire disk >> %CONFFILE%
echo # for caching, then this can be the mount-point directory. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # The directory must exist and be writable by the Squid >> %CONFFILE%
echo # process. Squid will NOT create this directory for you. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # The ufs store type: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # "ufs" is the old well-known Squid storage format that has
always >> %CONFFILE%
echo # been there. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir ufs Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options] >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # 'Mbytes' is the amount of disk space MB to use under this >> %CONFFILE%
echo # directory. The default is 100 MB. Change this to suit your
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # configuration. Do NOT put the size of your disk drive here.
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # Instead, if you want Squid to use the entire disk drive, >> %CONFFILE%
echo # subtract 20 Percent and use that value. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # 'Level-1' is the number of first-level subdirectories which >>
%CONFFILE%
echo # will be created under the 'Directory'. The default is 16. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # 'Level-2' is the number of second-level subdirectories which
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # will be created under each first-level directory. The default
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # is 256. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # The aufs store type: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # "aufs" uses the same storage format as "ufs", utilizing >> %CONFFILE%
echo # POSIX-threads to avoid blocking the main Squid process on >> %CONFFILE%
echo # disk-I/O. This was formerly known in Squid as async-io. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir aufs Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options] >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # see argument descriptions under ufs above >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # The awin32 store type: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # "awin32" uses the same storage format as "ufs", utilizing >> %CONFFILE%
echo # WIN32-threads to avoid blocking the main Squid process on >> %CONFFILE%
echo # disk-I/O. This was formerly known in Squid as async-io. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir awin32 Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options] >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # see argument descriptions under ufs above >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # The diskd store type: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # "diskd" uses the same storage format as "ufs", utilizing a >> %CONFFILE%
echo # separate process to avoid blocking the main Squid process on
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # disk-I/O. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir diskd Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options] [Q1=n]
[Q2=n] >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # see argument descriptions under ufs above >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Q1 specifies the number of unacknowledged I/O requests when
Squid >> %CONFFILE%
echo # stops opening new files. If this many messages are in the
queues, >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Squid won't open new files. Default is 64 >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Q2 specifies the number of unacknowledged messages when Squid
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # starts blocking. If this many messages are in the queues, >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Squid blocks until it recevies some replies. Default is 72 >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Common options: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # read-only, this cache_dir is read only. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # max-size=n, refers to the max object size this storedir
supports. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # It is used to initially choose the storedir to dump the
object. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Note: To make optimal use of the max-size limits you should
order >> %CONFFILE%
echo # the cache_dir lines with the smallest max-size value first and
the >> %CONFFILE%
echo # ones with no max-size specification last. >> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Default: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_dir ufs c:/squid/var/cache 100 16 256 >> %CONFFILE%
echo cache_dir ufs %APPDIR%/cache 5000 16 256 >> %CONFFILE%
echo # TAG: cache_access_log >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Logs the client request activity. Contains an entry for >> %CONFFILE%
echo # every HTTP and ICP queries received. To disable, enter "none".
>> %CONFFILE%
echo # >> %CONFFILE%
echo # Default: >> %CONFFILE%
echo # cache_access_log c:/squid/var/logs/access.log >> %CONFFILE%
echo cache_access_log %APPDIR%/log/access.log >> %CONFFILE%

Best Regards