[squid-users] Squid+Cisco w/WCCP ---> multiple tcp ports?

From: Tom Warren <funkknob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:32:17 +0700

I have recently set up a transparent squid cache at the small ISP
where I work using Fedora Core 4 and squid-2.6.STABLE3. It is
performing well but I'd like to cache additional traffic such as
alternate HTTP ports and maybe later even FTP using something like
FROX.

The problem is after days of searching I've found sparse information
on Squid's 'wccp2_service dynamic' and 'wccp2_service_info'
configuration parameters. I've tried something like this:

wccp2_service dynamic 80 password=foo
wccp2_service_info 80 protocol=tcp flags=src_ip_hash,ports_source
priority=240 ports=8080,2080,2443

The Cisco router was configured thusly:

ip wccp 80 redirect-list 3 group-list 10 password 7 XYXYXYXY

Then from my workstation (the only host in access-list 3) I visit
something like:

http://snind.gotdns.com:8080/

The page loads but although the Cisco router sees the cache register
service ID 80, it never redirects any packets; I always see:

core#sh ip wccp 80
Global WCCP information:
    Router information:
        Router Identifier: xxx.yyy.zzz.50
        Protocol Version: 2.0

    Service Identifier: 80
        Number of Cache Engines: 1
        Number of routers: 1
        Total Packets Redirected: 0
        Redirect access-list: 3
        Total Packets Denied Redirect: 0
        Total Packets Unassigned: 0
        Group access-list: 10
        Total Messages Denied to Group: 0
        Total Authentication failures: 0

I've tried several other permutations of the Squid wccp 'info'
parameter to no avail. I'd like to know the following:

- What is the standard syntax for redirecting multiple ports using
'wccp2_service dynamic' and 'wccp2_service_info' configuration
parameters.

- Can I operate standard (web-cache) and dynamic services simultaneously?

- After I successfully redirect other ports like 8080, et. al. to
squid, will it automagically use the original port number in its
request?

Much thanks,

Tom