Re: [squid-users] squid with ntlm + AD, without samba?

From: Angel Mieres <amieres@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:25:05 +0200

  Hi Henrik,

> But if you are happy with an unreliable manner then the ntlm_auth helper
> shipped with Squid works to some degree. Just needs access to some SMB
> server(s) who are member of the domain.

  Provably my first email was not enough descriptive.

  I have been reading some docs about NTLM auth against AD servers but
all of them are based on Squid 2.5 version. With it, it seems you
require NTLM auth plugin plus a set of external apps like samba,
winbind, kerberos, etc

  The point is, with latest 2.6 releases it seems Squid has some native
support for NTLM auth, but as I cant find any docs besides the release
notes. My question is, with Squid 2.6 do I need those external apps or
is enough with included NTLM auth now include?

  Thanks and regards

--
Angel Mieres - amieres@eneotecnologia.com