Re: [squid-users] squid with ntlm + AD, without samba?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:55:52 +0200

ons 2006-09-13 klockan 14:25 +0200 skrev Angel Mieres:

> I have been reading some docs about NTLM auth against AD servers but
> all of them are based on Squid 2.5 version. With it, it seems you
> require NTLM auth plugin plus a set of external apps like samba,
> winbind, kerberos, etc

Squid needs an external ntlm auth helper yes, and depending on which
helper you use additional services like Samba winbind may be needed.

> The point is, with latest 2.6 releases it seems Squid has some native
> support for NTLM auth, but as I cant find any docs besides the release
> notes. My question is, with Squid 2.6 do I need those external apps or
> is enough with included NTLM auth now include?

No, it's the same as in 2.5.

Squid is cooperating with Samba for the integration with Windows domains
(both NT and AD). There is no reason why we should duplicate their work.