[squid-users] (110) Connection timed out, but Privoxy can?

From: Ian <db5@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:11:08 +1000

On my Gentoo box are a chrooted Squid-2.5.STABLE14 and a Privoxy. I can use both to browse with almost no problem.

If I perform a search at "http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/search.php" using Squid the error returned is "(110) Connection timed out". The Privoxy on the same box, and an IPCop Squid on a different box, perform the search without fault. After clicking on "Search" at linuxquestions nothing is logged in /var/log/squid.

I cannot see how the problem is not Squid. Nor can I see how Squid is the problem. Yes, I have good eye sight, and I'll let you be the judge of the thing between my ears.

The squid.conf that achieves the error is as follows:
shutdown_lifetime 5 seconds
chroot /chroot/squid/
cache_mem 50 MB
visible_hostname my-proliant
cache_dir ufs /var/cache/squid/ 100 16 256
cache_peer miss-whoops.fogwatch.com.au parent 800 0 default no-query
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid
maximum_object_size 102400 KB
log_mime_hdrs off
forwarded_for off
acl my_network src 192.168.1.0/24
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow my_network
http_access deny all
request_body_max_size 0 KB
reply_body_max_size 0 allow all

Any help that you are able to allocate to this problem will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Fog_Watch.