Re: [squid-users] squid with ntlm + AD, without samba?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:50:25 +0200

ons 2006-09-13 klockan 14:43 +0200 skrev Jakob Curdes:

> But that unreliable tool works for me with 150+ users since years. Never
> had any probs. I know it's different sometimes, but occasionally even
> IT people have luck !

It works reasonably well in small setups. The problem is that it quickly
breaks down in larger setups due to odd assumptions made by Microsoft
SMB server... Appears it gets confused when there is concurrent logins
with different users from the same IP or something like that.

Also it's not very strong authentication protection, only LANMANAGER
(easy to reverse into plaintext). This should be compared to the Samba
helper using NTLMv2 when possible.