[squid-users] blocking external users on a bridge when firewall is disabled

From: William Bohannan <william.bohannan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:39:27 -0000

Hi I currently have been running squid for a while now and it work
fantastic. On one problem when I disable my firewall I notice that squid
goes overtime on caching and external users start using it? Is there a way
to make squid only accept connections from my internal interface? I am
running two nics in bridge mode.

Internet --- squidbox (eth0 / eth1) --- router --- local lan

Oh and the squidbox is only live because I need it there temporarily for
remote access.

Kind Regards

William