RE: [squid-users] "Efficiency" of around 10%, is that normal

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:04:02 +0200

mån 2006-09-18 klockan 13:43 -0700 skrev Bas Rijniersce:

> Yes, that is what I meant. I don't think the users here are very
> different from the average user. Is 10% then an expected hitrate?

How long has the cache been running? It takes a few days (up to a week)
until hit ratio is fully restored after flushing the cache.

Also 40 users isn't very many. Hit ratio is very dependent on having
multiple users with common interests. With only 40 users it isn't
unlikely they to a large extent visit different sites, and only a
relatively small proportion is common interests visited by more than one
user.