[squid-users] Reverse proxy for multiple backend servers

From: Mohamed Navas V <abusam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:18:21 +0400

Hi,

The reverse proxy to redirect for 1 web backend server is working fine
for me ...
Still I am confused with some setting for multiple backend servers.

For single backend server setup http://proxy.my-domain.com is
redirecting to http://backendserver1.my-domain.com

For multiple backend server setup, we have to do as follows:-

http://proxy.mydomain.com --> http://backendserver1.my-domain.com
http://proxy.mydomain.com/folder1 --> http://backendserver2.my-domain.com
http://proxy.mydomain.com/folder2 -->
http://backendserver3.my-domain.com etc ...

Here for the domain proxy.mydomain.com has public IP.

Or pls suggest me any other suitable alternate with config details ..

thanks,

Br--
Sam