Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy for multiple backend servers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:03:50 +0200

tis 2006-09-19 klockan 15:18 +0400 skrev Mohamed Navas V:
> Hi,
>
> The reverse proxy to redirect for 1 web backend server is working fine
> for me ...
> Still I am confused with some setting for multiple backend servers.
>
> For single backend server setup http://proxy.my-domain.com is
> redirecting to http://backendserver1.my-domain.com
>
> For multiple backend server setup, we have to do as follows:-
>
> http://proxy.mydomain.com --> http://backendserver1.my-domain.com

ok, just cache_peer + cache_peer_domain/access..

> http://proxy.mydomain.com/folder1 --> http://backendserver2.my-domain.com
> http://proxy.mydomain.com/folder2 -->
> http://backendserver3.my-domain.com etc ...

These is a little trickier if you really want to rewrite the url-path
after the host. If you can rearrange the backend servers to each have
their content in unique directories then things gets a whole lot simpler
and much less error prone. In such case it's just a matter of cache_peer
+ cache_peer_access to select which backend to use.

If you really need to rewrite the url-path then use a redirector to
rewrite the requested URL.