AW: [squid-users] squid limits and known constrains

From: Benner, Uwe <u.benner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:02:13 +0200

Thx for your fast response.

I am thinking about a parent /sibling setup.
The range of users will be (located in different subs)
<50
150 - 200
~ 900
~1500

Bandwidth of the internet link and the links between subs still unknown

Uwe

> Dear all,
>
> We want to setup a squid proxy env. for the headquarters and
> subsidiaries.
> Before I start the project I should know the hardware requirements
> (sizing) and if any limits or constrains regarding squid are known
(the
> OS will be linux)

I'm going through the process of doing this for a few clients.
It really does wildly depend on how many clients there are per site,
how you're thinking of linking them up, and how much bandwidth is
available.

adrian