Re: [squid-users] squid limits and known constrains

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:25:20 +0800

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006, Benner, Uwe wrote:
> Thx for your fast response.
>
> I am thinking about a parent /sibling setup.
> The range of users will be (located in different subs)
> <50
> 150 - 200
> ~ 900
> ~1500
>
> Bandwidth of the internet link and the links between subs still unknown

Anything reasonably recent running Squid 2.6 should handle at least 500
clients, maybe more. Maybe a thousand. The cyclic filesystem support
in squid-2.6 dramatically increases the number of clients Squid can
handle.

Squid-2.6 should be able to cache a few multiples of 10 megabits these
days, especially if you're using COSS.

But as I've said in a few other posts, I've been out of the loop running
proxy caches. I'm still getting back in to said loop. Hopefully others
can contribute more accurate and up-to-date figures.

Adrian