[squid-users] Force squid to timeout and internet explorer hanging

From: Irwan Hadi <ihblist2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:20:19 -0600

We have a problem right now with our Squid 2.5 Stable 10 where if IE
tried to open some websites with many advertisements, eg: msnbc.com,
cnn.com, IE will hang.

The main problem is we just implement a intrusion firewall at our
border router that blocks advertisement websites. So, when Squid can't
open this advertisement link, and thus caused the client (IE) to hang.

Is it possible to set some kind of timeout, so that a URL that fails
to open should be returned as fail with squid within a couple seconds?

I've been testing with the:
persistent_request_timeout
request_timeout
forward_timeout
connect_timeout

and change them to 20 seconds, but the problem still persists.

Thanks