[squid-users] Squid-3 Roadmap

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:36:52 +0800

Hi everyone,

The Squid developers have been discussing the Squid-3 roadmap on and off
for a few weeks and we've decided upon the following roadmap. You can find
the roadmap in the Wiki:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/RoadMap

In short - we're very close to a Squid-3 release. We're missing a few
features from Squid-2.6 and there's a few bugs we'd like to squish.
But for the most part we think Squid-3 is maturing at a comfortable rate
and we're going to continue throwing our collective resources at getting
it stable and polishing it.

The plan is to release the next -PRE release at the end of October.
This -PRE has come a long way from the last Squid-3.0-PRE release.
The only way we're going to get Squid-3 stable and performing well will
be to get people testing it and providing feedback.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Adrian