Re: [squid-users] Persistent Connections

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:52:40 -0700

RFC2616 refers to RFC2068 for HTTP/1.0-style persistent connections,
which is the most normative source we have for this.
   http://rfc.net/rfc2068.html#s19.7.1

The way that that's written leads me to believe that a HTTP/1.1
client can send a request to a HTTP/1.0 server and expect the
resulting connection to be persistent, as long as it has a Content-
Length.

However, since this is a spec interpretation issue, I might take it
up with the folks over at HTTP-WG.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham