Re: [squid-users] Persistent Connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:58:18 +0200

ons 2006-09-20 klockan 14:31 -0700 skrev Mark Nottingham:
> I reaise that C-L has two different purposes. Since closing the
> connection signals both, synthesising the C-L doesn't seem like
> taking a huge liberty in the face of serving the partial cached
> response as if it's the whole thing. YMMV (obviously).

Agreed.

Can be done, has been done, but isn't done as we didn't like Squid to
add entity semantics where there was none. The main reason for this is
that Content-Length is a entity header and we aim for semantic
transparency and don't like altering entities..

But reading the RFC again it's quite OK for us to add Content-Length
even if it's a entity header. It has a bit of special position due to
it's shared entity & message properties.