[squid-users] My redirect-list stopped working with WCCP+squid

From: Nathan Dias <diasn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:48:06 -0000

Hi all.

I am using Squid and WCCP for interception caching/filtering.

Here's my problem: today, all of a sudden, the IP addresses I have excluded
from WCCP redirection are now being sent to the cache servers + web filter
software. But neither my squid configuration or my Cisco router config has
changed! No configs at any link in the chain have been altered.

Does anyone know what the cause of the problem is?

-------

I am running the following (inherited) setup:

- Cisco IOS 12.1(26)E5 on a 7506 series router.
- Squid on Linux

WCCP is set up with the following statement on my router:
# ip wccp web-cache redirect-list 106

I have had an access-list defined as follows, so that my workstation and
another host do not get sent to the cache servers:

# access-list 106 deny ip host A.B.C.12 any
# access-list 106 deny ip host X.Y.Z.62 any
# access-list 106 deny ip host X.Y.Z.83 any
# access-list 106 permit ip any any

-- To my mind, squid is not the culprit, since the squid server should not
even be in the picture for web traffic coming from my IP address (X.Y.Z.62)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nate