[squid-users] Peer with http_accel?

From: Steve Webb <swebb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:52:13 -0600 (MDT)

Hello.

I've got two squid caches in http_accel mode in front of two apache image
servers like this:

Inet <- squid01:80 <- apache01:80
Inet <- squid02:80 <- apache02:80

Is there a way to enable these two squid machines to peer against
themselves to offer some sort of failover or redundancy and overall
better caching? Or perhaps there's a better way to do this?

I added:

cache_peer squid02 sibling 80 3130 [proxy-only]
icp_port 3130
cache_peer_access squid02 allow

... on the squid01 machine, but it didn't take it and complained about the
cache_peer line.

I don't want to add a parent squid to the apache machines because the
whole idea was to take disk I/O load off of the apache boxes so we could
push tons of data to them 24/7 and impact performance as little as
possible to the end-user.

- Steve

--
Steve Webb - Sr. Linux System Administrator
Email: swebb@pronto.com