Re: [squid-users] Stream audio/video

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:04:05 +0200

On Monday 25 September 2006 11:30, Marcel Werner wrote:
> I have to block all audio / video streams.

Do you have a list of all audio/video streams? Squid can only do what it's
programmed to do. Streams come in all flavors and many don't use proper
URLs or content types that will tell you they are a stream.

> I have createt rules to block the download of *pls|mp3| ....

How? url_regex? That will miss most streaming sites probably.
Imaginary URL: http://stream.com/stream.php?id=123
There is no "mp3" in that URL.

> Ok now I have readed about a acl like browser but the download is no
> mimetype video or audio, its like a normal file.

That's why you won't be successfully blocking *every* site. Block the whole
site using a "dstdomain" ACL. But that leaves 295,185 other streaming
sites open. It depends on how serious you take the filtering. But with
ACLs you'll always be behind.

 Christoph