[squid-users] Squid caching questions..

From: John Cammarata <jpcammar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:58:40 -0400

I have two questions that I didn't see in the FAQ and am hoping some
one can provide assistance:

1.) Does Squid support duplicate request detection? More
specifically, In a reverse proxy scenario if clientA requests
resourceZ and resourceZ is not in the cache, the request for resourceZ
is proxied to the back-end server. While the response for resourceZ
is being received from the back-end server, another request is
received for resourceZ. Will squid proxy this second request for
resourceZ to the back-end server or serve the response from the cache
as the response is received for clientA?

2.) What is the maximum cached response size that Squid can handle or
is there not a hard limit?

Thanks in advance for the help.