Re: [squid-users] Squid caching questions..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:41:32 +0200

tis 2006-09-26 klockan 08:58 -0400 skrev John Cammarata:
> I have two questions that I didn't see in the FAQ and am hoping some
> one can provide assistance:
>
> 1.) Does Squid support duplicate request detection?

Yes.

> Will squid proxy this second request for
> resourceZ to the back-end server or serve the response from the cache
> as the response is received for clientA?

Depends a bit on the collapsed_forwarding directive. Default is to only
join requests after the response headers have been received and it's
known the response can be cached. With collapsed_forwarding requests is
optimistically joined even if it's not yet known the response will be
cachable.

> 2.) What is the maximum cached response size that Squid can handle or
> is there not a hard limit?

Configurable. maximum_object_size