Re: [squid-users] Peer with http_accel?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:48:23 +0200

tor 2006-09-28 klockan 15:25 -0600 skrev Steve Webb:

> Q: if one of my www boxes dies will the associated squid proxy do all
> queries through it's peer proxy or will it just return valid data for
> anything in either cache, but fail on all fetches from the dead machine?

If you want this then I would recommend a 2.6 setup with the origin
server as default parent and the neighbor as another patern.

Alternatively you can experiment with the allow-miss option and
icp_hit_stale to acheive a similar result.

In both set up cache_peer_access between the two neighbors to not query
each other again on requests from the other neighbor.