RE: [squid-users] offline mode issue

From: Shaun Skillin \(home\) <shaun@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:14:51 -0600

Hi Mernoz,
Yes, it is documented to use the same IP address for eth0 and wccp0, which I thought was strange too, but apparently helps things.
Router-ID will be the highest IP address on any interface. This is the same behavior as OSPF, BGP, and other router-id's, but I don't see a way to override this with wccp.
Wccp2_router value must be an IP address as far as I know.
The L2-forward/GRE-return is odd to me also, but apparently what the switch wants to do, and cannot be changed. Another thing that is odd is that the "redirection packets" counter does not increment on the switch. Everything seems to work now, except for the offline_mode (my original post). I'm still scratching my head about that one.
Shaun