[squid-users] offline mode issue

From: Shaun Skillin \(home\) <shaun@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:25:33 -0600

Hello,
I'm using 2.6STABLE3 with WCCPv2 via a Cisco 3550 switch.  The switch uses L2 forward and GRE return, which is now working fine (thanks Henrik!).
I'm having trouble getting offline mode to work.  In my test setup, I'm toggling offline mode via cache manager, then shutting off the outside Ethernet of my firewall to deny connection to the Internet.  What I see in a capture from the Squid server is that it will try to go to the Internet even in offline mode.  (I am going to a page that I just visited before disconnecting, which shows up as cached in Cache Stats and Contents).  Is there another setting that I'm simply missing?  Do I need to patch Squid somehow?

Thanks!

Shaun