Re: [squid-users] SQUID + Trend Micro IWSS

From: nonama <sotongtaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:03:08 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Henrik & Tobias,
Thank you so much for your reply. Well, Henrik, the
recommended setting as per in the wiki.squid, it is
already in the current configuration all the while. We
configured it as below, which 5.6 is our IWSS server.

cache_peer 192.168.5.6 parent 8080 0 no-query default
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct allow all

WE also receive reccomendation from IWSS vendor to
change the 'default ' to 'no-netdb-exchange'. Anybody
knows what does that setting means? Does it help to
improve the access rate?

cache_peer 192.168.3.8 parent 8080 0 no-query
no-netdb-exchange
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct allow all

Also this is our infra here:

client -> squid proxy -> iwss -> firewall > internet

I don't think my IWSS is set to cache as, we already
have it at SQUID. Is there a need to do that?

Appreciate help & info from the forum members.Please
let me know if you all need more info. Thank you so
much.

--- Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#head-c050a0a0382c01fbfb9da7e9c18d58bafd4eb027