[squid-users] Re: direct proxy disabling in 2.6 version squid.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:21:32 +0200

tor 2006-10-12 klockan 15:38 +0545 skrev Tara Nath Subedi:

> I am trying 2.6 version squid, which is running fine as transparent cache
> server with
> http_port 3128 transparent

Ok.

> But I donot want to allow clients using direct proxy through browser.

Why? Having browsers configured to use the proxy is highly preferred.
Many things do not work right when intercepting connections without the
browsers being aware of the proxy.

> What should I do to accomplish this task? I think squid has not ommitted
> this key feature at this time. ;)

No, it's just not very well documented..

acl transparent type transparent
http_access deny !transparent

should work. At least in current versions.