[squid-users] How to setup retry X times before declare the parent is a dead parent

From: Nguyen, Khanh, INFOT <nguyenkt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:31:06 -0400

Hi,

I am using squid 2.6.stable4-20061009 on Linux 4.
Can I set up so that the squid server would retry X times before giving up on a dead parent? In my environment, some parents are slow and network connectivity is not always stable. I am looking though all parameters in squid.conf but could not find one that is close to what i am looking for. Does any one know if there is any way of setting it up or for certainty it is not available so i don't have to search around.

Thanks,
Khanh