RE: [squid-users] Reverse proxy using 2.6 with multiple domainconfiguration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:11:27 +0200

fre 2006-10-27 klockan 17:16 -0400 skrev Nguyen, Khanh, INFOT:
> If it is configured to operate in reverse proxy, it should not serve
> request that come without HOST header, should it?

It's a matter of taste. HTTP/1.0 did not have Host headers. All the
defaultsite says (when used together with vhost) is what Squid should
use as the Host header if none was provided by the client.

If defaultsite is not used then Squid will reject the request with an
error as it can not tell what the request was for..

> If I configure more than one domains in the box (reverse proxy mode),
> if the parent of one domain is not available, the squid takes
> initiative and use the parent of the other domains!

Only if you haven't set the cache_peer_access(or _domain) correct.
Without cache_peer_access (or _domain) Squid has no opinion on which
requests may be sent to which peer and considers all candidates for all
requests.