Re: [squid-users] Is cache hierarchy useful for Server Accelerator Mode?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:18:19 +0100

mån 2006-10-30 klockan 09:35 +0100 skrev Matus UHLAR - fantomas:

> I doubt cache hierarchy will help you in case of accelerator setup, unless
> you have too much of data on webservers and too few space on proxies.
> However using hierarchy could slow up data retrieving in this case.

A two level structure can be quite effective in large scale setups.
Large farm of Squid's fronting the users, and a much smaller farm
internally between the frontend Squids and the webservers cutting the
redundant backend queries from the different frontends on hot objects.

Other alternatives is also possible in theory achieving the same goal
without the strict two-level structure.