Re: [squid-users] Squid not resolving internal names

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 04:07:23 +0100

mån 2006-11-06 klockan 18:12 -0800 skrev John Oliver:

> Unfortunately, squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.12 is what Red Hat ships. I
> opened a ticket with them asking them to get with the program... this is
> the second piece of software I've encountered so far that's hopelessly
> ancient. We pay a lot of money for Red Hat, so by God they can give us
> something for it!

Well, this is what you pay for. To have a supposedly stable environment
which doesn't change for many years. RHEL isn't supposed to have the
latest versions.

If you want more up to date versions grab the unofficial RPMs published
by the RedHat/Fedora Squid package maintainer (URL can be found in the
archives somewhere), or build your own.