[squid-users] Accelerated Cache Vs Transparent Cache

From: Cole <cole@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:12:40 +0200

Hi.

I want to setup a accelerated cache to accelerate multiple servers. And I
understand the whole method for this.

So the question I have, why would I use the accelerated options in the
config, instead of setting up squid in transparent cache mode, and then
using the firewall to redirect the incoming requests to the webservers I
wish to accelerate to the squid in transparent mode? If all the servers are
running with public ip's, is there any reason this wont work?

Regards
/Cole