[squid-users] Can't get SSL proxy to work with MS Exchange OWA

From: Bert Moorthaemer <bert.moorthaemer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:20:09 +0100

Hi all!

I have the following config for Squid2.6STABLE4:

https_port webmail:443 cert=/usr/local/etc/squid/certs/webmail.foo.com.pem
defaultsite=webmail.foo.com protocol=http vhost

cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-query originserver front-end-https
proxy-only
cache_peer_domain x.x.x.x webmail.foo.com

acl Websites type accelerated
acl Website_domains dstdomain webmail.foo.com

http_access allow Websites Website_domains
http_access deny Websites

The problem is that is can't authenticate with my Exchange Server. When I
get the login dialog from my Exchange Server and enter the *right*
credentials I get an access denied after 3 tries. Do I have a config problem
here???

Next to this I also get a certificate error in my browser claiming that the
cerfiticate could not be verified properly. I have a valid VeriSign signed
certificate for this website .... can this be a problem of IE 7??

TIA

Bert.