[squid-users] Blocking mime-type problem

From: Max Alberto León <maxleonca@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:04:22 -0600

Hi everyone,

I have an squid setup and runs like a charm, but the users as usual are
abusing a quite limited bandwidth so I decided to block mime types and
not to worry about when they will found another live streaming site and
it worked well enough.
Now the problem is that using the mime types posted on different pages
didn't work so I end up blocking ^application/octet-stream with was good
for pretty much anything, but it block any file download what so ever
including the anti-virus updates.
I can make an ACL for that as well but the provider seems to use Akamai
and who knows how many IP will that include I dig the address and got 8
but in 2 weeks there where another 8 so I'm looking for a cleaner solution.

Any idea will be more than welcome.