Re: [squid-users] Blocking mime-type problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:33:43 +0100

lör 2006-11-11 klockan 08:04 -0600 skrev Max Alberto León:

> I have an squid setup and runs like a charm, but the users as usual are
> abusing a quite limited bandwidth so I decided to block mime types and
> not to worry about when they will found another live streaming site and
> it worked well enough.

Maybe you should look into using delay pools to limit the bandwidth a
single user can hog? And not care so much what they actually use that
bandwidth for..

If the pool is sufficiently large with a not too big refill rate then
normal browsing is unhindered and only the users using up a lot of
bandwidth gets delayed.. And for streaming the effect is that it works
fine in the beginning but then breaks down if they watch streaming media
for too long using up their allowed bandwith.. where too long is defined
by the pool size..