[squid-users] Active X Problems Squid 2.6stable5

From: Jacob Dana <jdana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:34:14 -0500

Morning everyone,

I have a question regarding squid and activeX controls. Since i set
squid up i have been getting errors when accessing an internal page that
uses ActiveX. I have set the browser not to use a proxy for local pages,
but still when the proxy info is in there (Internet Explorer 6 btw) it
notifies me that it cannot validate the provider of my active x control.
Therefore it will not install it without me dropping my security
settings. I turned the settings down to see if it would go away, but it
wants to install the control every time i visit the page. I thought it
was a browser/machine problem so i removed the proxy settings and it
works perfectly without the proxy in there. I even tried it on a
different machine, same results..... Any ideas?

-Jake